So. The big kick off is only a couple of weeks away, and now Tottenham have:
– Edgar Davids.
– England’s best goalkeeper.
– Englands’ best young centre back.
– FOUR strikers. Count ’em, four.
– Several England and Ireland under 21s, including Wayne Routledge and Tom Huddlestone, who are meant to be a bit special.
– Martin Jol. He’s good. No talk of Arsenal background or faith healers. He seems like he’s been there for years when he talks about the Spurs tradition of attractive football. And he’s building quite a squad. His next challenge is to mould a team.
– Michael Carrick, a very Spurs player in that he can pass, can’t tackle and won’t get picked for England as much as he deserves (Sheringham, Hoddle, Anderton, Barmby, Waddle).
– Average age of first team squad – really young, like 24.
– It seems like we’ve got at least two decent players in every position.
So. Can I get excited yet?