Yep it was time to dust off the duvet for another Champs League final – although the muppets on Radio Sport reckoned there were 100 or so fans in The Blue Stone Room at 6 this morning. Here’s the thoughts from the couch before all that coffee wears off.
– The ref should have left Lehmenn on and let the goal stand. I bet he felt stupid for blowing hastily, and a real shame for the neutrals to have an 11 v 10 match with 20 minutes gone.
– Spurs fans everywhere obviously delighted for big Sol to score in big match after having goal disallowed in WC 98. *Sarcasm detector goes nuts and eventually explodes. Smoke everywhere*
– Ronaldinho disappointing – more flicks than a 1st XV shower room but no end product at all. Great smile though.
– Henry never recovered from THAT miss in the third minute. He spent the last half not running at all, and arguing with Wenger. He’d be farking frustrating to play with – he only makes runs for himself.
– From Spurs point of view – still have the same number of European Cups as the Arse.
– From Arse point of view – must keep Henry, even if he’s crap in the big games.
– As for the theory that UK football fans should support UK teams in finals – I cheered on Arsenal in the 93 Cup Winners Cup final – only to see Arse fans singing ‘Are you watching Tottenham?’ in the celebrations. Bollocks to ’em.
– Blogger’s spellcheck suggestion for Ronaldinho is ‘Remolding’. Honestly.